* The Blair Witch Project still scares me. There, I said it. I knew everything about the making of it when it first came out, and I still was a little jittery coming back to my apartment after seeing it last month. I don’t know -why-. It’s not -rational-. I don’t -really- think that the Blair Witch is going to show up in Seattle and *spoiler* me in the *spoiler*. But I still turned on all the lights.
* Halfway through Singles I asked myself “Self? Why don’t you own this?” And I did not have a good answer to that. So I will have to remedy that situation. (Also, does anyone know what Cameron Crowe is up to these days? His newest credit on the IMDb is still Elizabethtown.)
* I tried to watch A Prairie Home Companion on my flight to London last month, but the sound was fubar, so I had to wait and Netflix it after all. I had heard really mixed reactions to it, but I really enjoyed it. Altman was just the perfect choice. No one does it like him, with the large, intertwined casts and the realism of sound and dialogue.
* Saving Face was a rewatch, fast on its way to being a middle of the night comfort movie.
* and Big Fish did nothing for me. It was very pretty and all. I just didn’t -care-.