Quick hits, dude. I am getting way behind.
* Shakespeare in Love, because it was 3 in the morning and hot and I couldn’t sleep. And I love it, okay? And all the Twelfth Night bits fill me with fannish squee.
* Oldboy follows Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and I found it much more engaging. (And more fucked-up.) I’m glad I saw it as I thought it was pretty great, but I’m not sure that I know many people I would recommend it to.
* Shallow Grave is dark and comic and we all know it’s good.
* Captain Blood: Thanks to for the rec. Now -that- was a fun pirate movie. Yay!
* Zombie Honeymoon was an astonishingly bad movie. I mean, I knew it would be bad. But I didn’t know that it would be that bad -and- that it was created as a way to help the filmmaker’s sister work through her grief at the loss of her husband. Now -that’s- fucked up.
* “Kitchen Confidential” is awesome. I’m angry it’s cancelled. I’ll have to buy the DVD, though, if FOX ever wakes up and releases it properly.
* The Matador turns Pierce Brosnan’s 007 character on its head. And Hope Davis is always worth watching.
* Spice World. …oh, shut up.
* The Others. I forgot it had Christopher Eccleston. Really great performance. Word of advice, though. Never watch this with subtitles, or you’ll realize how much time Nicole Kidman spends sighing in it.
* “Slings & Arrows“. It’s Shakespeare! It’s … everyone in Canada! It’s season 2, so it that includes Colm Feore (squee!). So great.
* 2 episodes of “My Life As A Dog“. Ugh. This was -terrible-. The movie, however, is amazing. Trust me on this.
Wow. That is. That is really a lot of tv. All I can say in my defense is that it is really hot here these days, and that I cleaned & unpacked during some of them. And knitted! Don’t forget the knitting!