* “Black Books“, series 1. I’ve seen the first season through many times and I still DIE OF THE LAUGHING. So, so good. Series two and three can come out on region one dvd any day now, really, I will be pleased with that.
* Saved!, which I hadn’t seen since it was in the theatre. Still great. (When I first saw it, I had expected it to be uneven, because it has a tone that’s difficult to maintain, but I was pleasantly surprised.)
* Desk Set. Katharine Hepburn as a librarian! How could I have not seen it before? Rather a hurry-up ending, but great fun nonetheless.
* Latter Days is another mediocre gay movie, but I was mostly seeing it for Amber Benson, who wears a tie and swears a lot, and for that it was worth it.
* Trembling Before G-d. I had been looking forward to seeing this documentary on gay Orthodox Jews for some time, and it was good, but I felt there was something missing. I see that there’s another disc of features, so I’ll have to add that to my Netflix queue.
* MASH was fantastic, obviously. I’d kill to see it on the big screen; there’s so much going on in every frame, and it’d be awesome to have better sound than my wee tv for all the overlapping dialogue. I spent a lot of time last night on the special features, and the behind-the-scenes and development stories were fascinating.